If you’re a Nutella fan, you need to try these. They are full on Nutella goodness – especially with Nutella buttercream too!
I made these for my boyfriend’s sister and her now husband to try as they had asked me to make the cakes for their wedding. They had asked me to make some Nutella cupcakes for them to try so I went to trusty Pinterest and found this recipe on Love Life and Sugar. She is a massive Nutella fan too so she loved the Nutella cupcakes with Nutella buttercream but they didn’t decide to go with them for the wedding because they were definitely not for the just the mild Nutella fan.
217g all purpose flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
168g salted butter, room temperature
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
120ml sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases
- Mix together the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- Add butter, Nutella, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth
- Add the mix to the cupcake cases filling them approximately half way
- Bake for 19-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before allowing them to cool completely on a wire rack