These are really simple to make so are perfect for people wanting to try something quite easy. For something like a sausage roll, I don’t really see the point in spending ages making your own pastry when you can buy ready rolled good quality pastry from the shop. It means making them is far quicker and easier, which is always a plus! You can use different sausage meat to make a variety of flavoured sausage rolls.
400g sausage meat or 6 sausages
320g ready rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and spray a baking tray with oil
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways so you have two long thin strips
- If you are using sausages (this makes it even easier), remove the casings and line three sausages along the centre of each strip of pastry. If you are using sausage meat, roll this into two long strips and place in the middle of each strip of pastry
- Brush one of the long edges of pastry with milk and fold the other side of the pastry over to form a seal. Press down with a fork to make sure it is completely sealed
- Cut the sausage rolls into lengths as big or small as you like and put them on the baking tray
- Brush the sausage rolls with some milk and make a few cuts with scissors across the top
- Put them in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown
Eat warm from the oven or allow to cool and enjoy later.