If you’re looking for a delicious and filling brunch dish, my Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Burrito is for you. Packed with tasty vegetables, chorizo and a slight spice, this is the perfect way to start your day. Breakfast in my house seems to be the least thought about meal. Although I do love a good breakfast, I seem to fall into the pattern of having the same things for, especially during the week when I’m at work. Sometimes at the weekend I do branch out and make a bacon sandwich, but this Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Burrito is definitely a treat.
This isn’t a recipe I recommend making as a regular breakfast, but for a brunch dish every so often I do definitely recommend it! It takes a bit longer to make than a bacon sandwich, but in my opinion it is well worth it! This is why I suggest making it as a weekend brunch dish, after you have had a nice lie in or a lazy morning and then have the energy to potter around in the kitchen. This energy is what I lack early in the mornings!
This recipe is really adaptable. You can use as many different chile powders and as much of them as you like. I personally would keep it relatively mild as it is a breakfast/brunch dish and I do not fancy something really spicy in the morning; but feel free to increase the spice if you want. You can also add other ingredients that you like, for example onions and mushrooms. These would go really well with the other flavours. You could also add more eggs and less potato if you want the eggs to be more of a prominent ingredient.
This burrito is very tasty and is a hearty meal so perfect for a lazy Sunday at home with a cup of coffee and catching up on the news.
2 large tortilla wraps
1 potato, diced (approx 300g)
1 large pepper, diced
150g chorizo, sliced
1 tbsp milk
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp sea salt
Twist of pepper
60g grated cheese
- Cut the potato into cubes keeping the skin on. Put in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 – 10 minutes or until just soft
- Meanwhile in a frying pan, heat the spray oil and add the chopped peppers. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on a medium high heat before adding the cooked potatoes. Cook for a further 10 minutes until coloured and crispy
- Cut the chorizo into slices and add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until golden and crisp
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with the milk, chilli powder, salt and pepper
- Turn the pan down to a low heat and add the eggs. Keep stirring until the eggs cook which should be around one minute. Turn the heat off straight after the eggs are no longer liquid
- Lay a tortilla wrap on a board and then add the filling making sure you keep it in the centre and then add the grated cheese on top. Fold the left and right side of the tortilla in, then fold the bottom over the filling and tuck in. Roll until the seam is on the bottom