These Quick Sausage Rolls are as the name suggests; quick. They’re so quick and easy that you could have a freshly baked sausage roll ready in no time!
There are few things tastier than a freshly baked sausage roll. The fantastic thing about them is you can make them very quickly and easily.
If you were to make sausage rolls from scratch, they would be anything but quick. Most people don’t have the time to season sausage meat themselves let alone make their own puff pastry! My aim was to make my Quick Sausage Rolls as easy and fast as possible because you should still be able to eat tasty food even if you don’t have a lot of time.
Puff pastry is something I have heard a lot of chefs admitting they buy. There are some ingredients which aren’t always necessary to make and puff pastry is one of them in my opinion. With this recipe I go a step further than just buying the pastry, I buy ready rolled puff pastry. Yes this may seem a little lazy, but it is also a time saver which is what this recipe is all about. It is also good for me because for some reason I haven’t mastered the art of rolling pastry into a rectangle yet!
Another shortcut to make these Quick Sausage Rolls is to use sausages and remove the casings from them. This has the advantage of the sausage meat being already seasoned and in the right shape for the sausage rolls. It is also an easy way to change the flavour of sausage rolls by using different flavoured sausages.
Makes approx. 16
400g 6 sausages, casing removed
375g ready rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and spray a baking tray with oil
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways so you have two long thin strips
- Remove the casings and line three sausages along the centre of each strip of pastry
- Brush one of the long edges of pastry with milk and roll the long side of pastry closest to you tightly under the sausage and then keep rolling so the sealed edge is on the bottom
- Cut the sausage rolls into lengths as big or small as you like and put them on the baking tray
- Brush the sausage rolls with some milk and make a few cuts with scissors across the top
- Put them in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown