These Chicken & Chorizo Nachos are packed full of delicious flavours. Crispy tortilla chips covered in melted cheese with heat from the chilies topped with my rich and tasty Slow Cooker Chicken & Chorizo Stew.
My Slow Cooker Chicken & Chorizo Stew has been one of my most popular recipes since I added it to my blog. It is so simple to make and packed with such tasty flavours that I can see why people like it so much.
As when you make my Slow Cooker Chicken & Chorizo Stew, you can make a larger batch; I thought using it in another dish was a great way to make the most out of it. I thought the flavours in the stew would go perfectly as a topping to delicious cheese covered nachos.
Nachos aren’t fancy or complicated, but they are very tasty! Whether you enjoy them as a starter, main dish or even as a snack whilst watching a film they always feel like a bit of a treat to me.
You will probably have your own preferred way of making nachos so please feel free to adapt my recipe below. If I left Mr Curly in charge of making these I would worry that he might use a whole block of cheese. Feel free to use more or less cheese depending on your preferences.
The jalapenos can also be added to your preference. I have only just found a love for jalapenos and used to leave them on the side of my plate when I ordered nachos thinking they would be too spicy. I think my spice tolerance has definitely increased over the years which is why recently I braved trying one. I’m now a bit hooked and buy the hottest ones I can find to test myself. Yes I like to live on the edge! My Dad would be so proud of me because the hotter the better in his opinion.
Obviously you can leave out the jalapenos if you just want the subtle chile in the Chicken & Chorizo Stew to flavour the dish. I also used a pointed sweet pepper honestly just because I thought it was pretty. So you can obviously use a normal pepper if you aren’t being so superficial.
The condiments you serve with these Chicken & Chorizo Nachos are very important. In my opinion you have to have soured cream and a salsa always works nicely. Unfortunately I haven’t taught myself to like Guacamole yet but this would work really well. Check out my sister’s Guacamole recipe here.
Serves 2 – 4
1 bag of lightly salted tortilla chips (approx 200g)
1 pointed sweet pepper
Sliced jalapenos in brine
110g cheese, grated
Half portion of Slow Cooker Chicken & Chorizo Stew
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Grate the cheese using a coarse grater and finely slice the pepper
- Use an oven proof dish that will allow for 2-3 layers of tortilla chips. Scatter roughly one third of the bag of the tortilla chips across the bottom of the dish
- Then scatter over roughly one third of the grated cheese followed by some of the pepper and as many jalapenos as you would like
- Repeat until you have used up all of the tortillas making sure your last layer is cheese
- Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted
- While the nachos are in the oven, heat through the Chicken & Chorizo Stew if it isn’t already hot
- Once the nachos are nice and golden brown, spoon over the Chicken & Chorizo Stew and add soured cream, salsa and guacamole to your preference